segunda-feira, 13 de outubro de 2008

Pare de se esconder atrás do seu papel e faça o serviço!

O título acima é bem polêmico mesmo. É de um artigo de um blog de tecnologia, em inglês, cujo original está aqui.

Um pequeno trecho dele, com um diálogo hipotético (mas nem tanto :-)) que ocorre com esta divisão de papéis:

Let me give you an example. Tell me if you've heard this one before.
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "The XYZ marketing system project is running late and over budget, what's the deal?"
Pam the Project Manager (looks at project plan): "The build out of the MQ platform is on the critical path and it is taking longer than expected."
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "What's MQ?"
Pam the PM: "I don't really know, I think it's a messaging platform."
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "What's a messaging platform?"
Pam the PM (with a slight smile): "I don't know. See, I don't understand all this technology stuff. I'm a project manager. Let's ask the architect."
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "Art what's a messaging platform."
Art the Architect: "It's a system that allows one application to send and receive data from another application"
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "Why is it taking so long?"
Art the Architect: "Define 'long'? It will get done when we get it finished, we're moving as fast as we can. I don't look at the project plan. I just get my work done. I'm an architect, not a fortune teller."
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "What system do we need to get data from."
Art the Architect: "The CRM system. We need to pull customer address data from that system."
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "But that's just a tidbit of info we have on one screen, it's not even that important."
Art the Architect: "Hey it was in the requirements document. Talk to Benny the Business Analyst"
Bob the Business Stakeholder: "Wait but. . ."
Benny the BA (pokes his head through the meeting room door): "You told me you wanted it so I wrote it in the use case. You signed it!"

É extenso, mas é interessante... 

Um comentário:

Unknown disse...

hehehe!

Sim! Este tipo de conversa existe!

Eu devo ter participado de umas 50 dessas: 25 como o arquiteto e outras 25 como o analista. :D